Saturday, April 4, 2009

Prompt: pick an animal and make it your title


Judy (WWJD)

You were the first example that came to mind
I thought of everything I'd learned from you
I wanted to say
Judy exemplifies unconditional love

Everyone should have such a fine teacher
You are completely present with each guest, in the moment
There is no other human and they know
You hear what they say and accept them where they are

At the end of the evening everyone wants to take you home
There is no jealousy in me
There is none in you
We offer nothing you do not already possess

Nothing can break our bond
When you love another
You love me no less
There is only more love for us all

When I love another and complications arise
I ask myself, what would Judy do?
How can I love this one as purely as you love me?
My pet, how can I love with no bounds?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"When you love another
You love me no less"

Such purity in prose - so much said with so few words. Thank you.