Monday, April 13, 2009

Prompt: hobby


Elvis on the Microwave

The irresistible headline
Elvis and MM Love Child
Was quickly added to the kitsch
Display in the kitchen of course

Then the Elvis/Martian love child
Martian/Bob Eubanks love child
Bob Eubanks/Wink Martindale l.c.
And everyone else who could breed

The kitchen was lousy with love children
Once people woke their eyes up and
Saw the headlines everywhere
And they had to send them my way

There were Czech love children
Striped love children
And the irresistible tie dyed ones
Captured in headlines and clipped

Taped to the micro, the fridge and the door
I couldn’t eat bacon without seeing their story
The humor was off me the mailings were not
I had to tell everyone’s love children stop!

I pulled them all down and scraped off the tape
Crushing them into a rocket I made heading
Straight to the moon for the stars and their broods
From the fire pit launching pad boom boom boom boom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

refrigerators and microwaves can bear only so much - they have feeling too.