Thursday, August 21, 2008

It Begins


I just put in my winter garden. The fact that I would lead with that statement tells me I've gone a long way. Here's the other clue. The paper in my former home tracked me down. A club was having it's 20 year anniversary and I had been the person who first put live entertainment into that club. Now it's the longest running rock show in town. They asked me to mention some highlights. I couldn't remember any big stellar thing except that we got it off the ground with the greenest owners in the world and a completely clean slate in a town more renowned for it's Mormon Temple than any kind of rock scene. Try to remember bands from 20 years ago when Stoli was flowing free and you had a minuscule budget. Perhaps some Stoli would help me get in the mood or at least jog my memory.

The last thing I want is spirits and I am not even bent on pulling up the memories of 20 years ago. I carried the best away with me and much like the remnants of a crappy summer garden, the rest has been turned under to rot and enrich my now.

No comments: